Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day one in china

First off that flight took forever and I could never get comfortable! The seats were do smushed together and there was barely any room to walk down the isles! We were also delayed about an hour. But the movie selection sort mde up for the delay: John Carter, Big Miracle, Man in the Ledge and on my phone I downloaded and watched Wanderlust, and 50/50.

When i got out of the plane I immediately cold feel the thick humidity in the air!

Once we got through customs we met with our delegation manager, Duan. He took all of us to the bus and we went out to eat some REAL Chinese food! It was very good but the restaurant still had some American food there like bread and fries and then ended with watermelon slices!

At the rainbow hotel where we are staying, doesn't have free wifi so when I post this I either paid for Internet usage or I found a free wifi connection sometime June 14th!

Sorry mom, if you text plused me or tried face timing me and I didn't answer is because it costs money! Lol

2 comments:

  1. Glad hear it wasn't your phone setting. Have a great time and take lots of pictures!! Love you, love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren, hope you are having a great time seeing all the sights in China. Learn as much Chinese as you can while you are there. After all, the USA is only working because of China's money. We may all have to learn the language before too long. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Keep up the good work AMBASSADOR. Love ya, Sandy and Sherry

    ReplyDelete