Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Raven

This movie is about Edgar Allen Poe.

I was real excited to see this movie because in my English class last semester, we read a lot of Edgar Allen Poe's, writings. The Raven, which is one of the more famous ones, along with about half of the ones in this movie. Someone has taken his works of fiction, murder and death, and turned them into a real crime. There is so much stuff I wouldn't catch if I were doing a investigation that these brilliant people do catch. Poe was a true artist, and was very intelligent. But this killer copied the stories so closely, and added clues along the way to find his beloved Emily. I also loved all the blood, and how they showed the murders.

I could see this movie at least 3 more times in theaters. I want to see things I didn't see before, now that I know who the killer/admirer is, I can focus on the background. The things you aren't supposed to realize until the end, when the secret is revealed.

See this movie if you have ever heard of Poe, or read anything he has ever written. All students in any English class, and any English teacher.

9/10

I just didn't really see how the ending credit scenes really went with the whole movie.

out Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment