Sunday, June 16, 2013

Day 10: Cannes and Nice


Today we woke up early, met up with our local guide, and she showed us around Cannes, and Nice! I got to see where all my favorite actors have walked, and go for the Cannes Film Festival each year. They also have a "walk of fame" where they have some actors/directors hand prints and autographs. I didnt find Johnny Depp's, but I did see Tim Burtons. I also saw some amazing stores like Chanel, Prada, Gucci, and Miu Miu (Hailee Steinfeld models for them). After a little hike a mountain where we saw a great view of Cannes, we went to a local farmers market where Jason and I bought Raspberries! THEY WERE AMAZING! I absolutely loved them! After losing Laura for a few minutes, we left the market and went the city some more. In Monaco I had gotten a pin for Cannes so I wore it today. I has a film strip on it, the word Cannes, and the iconic leaf and award on it. 

After Cannes, we took a bus ride to Nice, on the bus i sat next to Chase. I learned some stuff about him, his family, and his pets. It was a pretty nice bus ride to Nice. In Nice, their beaches arent sand, they are pebbles. I took two little pebbles with me, and took some pictures with Megan. And I recorded some videos for a fundraiser video for P2Ppayyourway. 

We walk alot and Im kinda really annoyed by it... I know we are here in Europe where they walk everywhere, but we've been doing it enough. 

After the LONG walk to lunch, we had escargot and a bad salad. I actually really enjoyed the escargot, and would have eaten one or two more, but they didn't have any more ready to serve us. After tjhat meal sitting with Chase, Jason, Michael, Haylie, Jess, Josh, Alex, and Nathan, we walked BACK to the bus. 

We took at bus ride up a mountain, where we meet some local teens, and played games "with" them. Since there wasnt that many of them and over 40 of us, us People To People kids just played with each other, and the French kids sat down, kissed ALOT, and smoked cigarettes. I played badminton with David, Nick, Jason, Ana, Thane, and anyone who joined in. David and I powned Alex and Ana in foosball, and then lost against Jason and Thane. Then when Ana and Alex gave up playing Jason and Thane, we stepped in again. We were losing (we had 4 they had 7) and they kept getting goals. We ended up have 5-8, we came back and WON THE GAME!! IT WAS THE BEST COMEBACK EVER!! 

The french teens made us some BBQ, we ate hotdogs and chips with fruits and veggies. I personally didnt like the hotdog things, so I gave mine to Aubrey, and just ate a carrot. It was actually very good...i enjoyed that carrot. 

At the hotel, went and explored the hotel, Megan, Austin and I met up with Jason and Dylan and went to the lobby for wifi. We didnt have very much time there, and the wifi wasnt very strong. I will also have a late night because we have to pack for the next hotel tomorrow...  which means our France portion is almost over.

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,

    Totally amazing! I wanted to let you to know that I have received your post card. Thank you for being so thoughtful. So beautiful. I have already shared the post card with my friends. Have a great time, be careful and have fun.
    All my love,
    Nana

    ReplyDelete